Welcome to the International Institute
The semester's next meeting of the Executive Committee of the International Institute will be on Wednesday, May 6, 9:00 - 10:30 am in 206 Ingraham Hall.
Recipients of the 2013 & 2014 Graduate Student Recruitment Awards and currently atttending UW-Madson can download an award release request form now.
Learn about upcoming events from International Institute member programs on our events page and get the latest about events & resources on campus and off thru our Twitter feed.
The International Institute is composed of area and international studies centers at UW–Madison. Through its member programs, which include eight prestigious Title VI National Resource Centers, the Institute educates globally engaged students and fosters innovative international research across disciplines.
Jointly created by the Division of International Studies and the College of Letters and Science, the International Institute addresses the educational and scholarly challenges of a globalizing world by bringing together the expertise of its member centers and programs under a collaborative umbrella.
Member Programs (by region):
- African Studies Program *
- Latin American, Caribbean and Iberian Studies Program *
- East Asia
- Center for East Asian Studies *
- Center for Russia, East Europe and Central Asia *
- Center for European Studies *
- Center for German and European Studies
- Center for Interdisciplinary French Studies
- European Studies Alliance
- European Union Center of Excellence
- Development Studies
- Global Cultures Program
- Global Studies *
- International Studies Major
- Middle East
- Middle East Studies Program
- South Asia
- Center for South Asia *
- Southeast Asia and Oceania
- Center for Southeast Asian Studies *
* Indicates Title VI National Resource Center
To learn more about the International Institute's member & affiliated programs visit their websites listed above or explore the pages here, which include information on funding opportunities for faculty & staff and students, supporting individual centers & programs, and connecting with the programs on social media.